Monday, May 18, 2009

When the Earth Shakes

MS2BX flew to LA yesterday. Like many nights I couldn't sleep.

Thoughts of him asking for my rings back and the fact our divorce was officially moving forward.

Then I saw it. An earthquake in LA.

My heart sunk and I was instantly worried about him. I sent him a text asking if he were okay. Rational me knew he was as there was no major structural damage reported but I still had to know. The second I sent it I regretted it.

Remember, his life isn't my concern anymore.

He said that he was fine. It shook hard and there had already been an aftershock.

Aftershock. This is my new term when I am flooded with a memory of us or him.

Like today when I attended a training in the same hotel where we stayed for our wedding.

Aftershock.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he's okay. I know it had to be tough to send that text, but that was nice of you to do.

    ReplyDelete