Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Better Day

Reading back through my posts these past few days I realize I sound a lot like Debbie Downer.

So, to prove I am not one step closer to the cliff I thought I would tell you about my wonderfully relaxing day complete with an emphasis on the positive (+) moments and acknowledging the bad (-).

I slept (+) in (+).

I went for a run (+) but it took me 23 minutes and 45 seconds to run 2.13 miles (-).

I completed the Gunnar Peterson Accelerated Core Training workout (+).

I went to the pool (+) but I drove there (-). I hate that I live about a quarter mile from my pool and I drove. Its lazy and not very green. Now, I am not some obsessive environmentalist (I drive an SUV and probably always will) but I like to consider myself green-lite (CFL's, reusable bags, programmable thermostat, unplugging unused appliances and recycling are my thing). So why did I drive? I left the dogs out and would need to go home about every hour to let them outside (they aren't very trustworthy). Plus it gave me time to pull weeds (+) from the landscaping. But I thought of a solution...I just need to get a bike lock and ride my bike to the pool! So that is on the list for next week!

I cleaned (+) and vacuumed the upstairs (+).

I went outside to get the mail and had my soon-to-be-ex-in laws drive by and give me a nod (-). Reminder, your son was the cheating ba$tard. Not me. He left me. I wanted to make it work. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are so ashamed of his actions and that is why you don't reach out to me. Oh and all the mail was for MS2BX (-). I was hoping for new magazines for my trip tomorrow.

I got my eyebrows waxed (+) and my nails done (+). The nail salon owner told me I looked pretty (+) but I could tell in her voice she was surprised (-). Boo.

I cleaned the main level of the house (+) and even mopped the hardwoods (+).

I decided not to go to a friends BBQ (-), stay in and watch DVR (+), pack for tomorrows work trip and try and get a good nights sleep (+).

Sadly, while going through my jewelry box looking for earrings to pack I came across my charm bracelet that MS2BX gave me as a wedding present (-). Just one more thing to put away...

The total count is 15 (+) and 7 (-). Last I check 15 was greater than 7 so that makes today a good day.

1 comment: