Sunday, May 17, 2009

Full Steam Ahead

I just sent the lawyer the information to split our life apart.

Checking
Savings
Retirement Accounts
Furniture
Decor
Custody of our pets

What was once a whole piece is now being split apart. I thought when I hit send I would cry. But I think I shed all my tears when MS2BX text and asked what we were doing with my rings. I called him and he bascially asked or them back. Rings that he gave me when he asked me to spend the rest of his life with him.

He said he didn't think that I would want them, that it was normal for the wife to give them back. I said no.

I asked if he wanted to go down the list of every gift that had been given and take those back too? He said no, but these were more money than others.

Um, hi? Earth? I paid for them too. It was all done with our combined finances.

Unreal.

I told him this was beyond mean. Cruel even.

Yet, I still can't get mad.

4 comments:

  1. no. no way. don't give them back. if he needed the money then he shouldn't have cheated on his wife and ended up being a 1-income adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damnit, why did it post as kay,sean,brody again. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through a friend's blog and reading it I feel like someone has read my mind about 2 years ago. I totally know what you mean when you say you want to get mad, but you don't, everyone wants you to get mad but you can't. I hear ya, I understand. It will get better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can actually tell you what the LAW says about wedding rings, since my Ex and I had this same conversation. If you are engaged, the ring gets returned to the man. If you are married, the ring is yours, it was a gift he gave to you. Period. DO NOT return the ring, it is yours and you are free to do whatever you want with it.

    ReplyDelete