Friday, May 1, 2009

My First Meeting with the Lawyer

There were tears but I didn't breakdown into hysterics. Sad that this is considered an accomplishment these days. I used to be a person who didn't cry. I was a rock. But, it turns out I was a fragile rock and once dropped I shattered.

I learned today that I simply need to compile a list of all accounts and balances; mortgage, store accounts, credit cards etc., provide a list of who gets what and detail how we want the house to be handled until it sells. A motion to file will be prepared, reviewed, filed and about 60 days later or so...it will be all over.

The life that I thought I was going to live will be over.

For the first time in my life I have no idea where I am going. None. I don't know what to do with that. I have always been a person who knew where my life was going and what I wanted out of it.

Right now - I have no idea where I am headed. Other than towards divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment