Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh What a Night

Actually what a weekend.

It was such a fun time. I didn't want it to end.

Friday was watching a lil bull riding and then the piano bar.

Saturday was an early morning (5:45 a.m.) when I ran my first 5k of 2010 with some amazing friends and my sister and kind of sister. It took me 37 min and 45 seconds to finish. I didn't make my goal time but its something to keep aiming for. I was so proud of my sister, it was her first race and on the way home she was even looking up more races for us to do together.

From there the whole day felt like a race. My sister and I headed back north and went to Best Buy to look at laptops, Pancheros for lunch and then home to shower and change. Then it was time to head back south for one of my favorite events of the year. The Kentucky Derby!

We had fun betting on the horses and watching the race. More thrilling than actually having bet on the winner to win was the Iowa bred horse finishing 3rd. It was a great feeling and a fun atmosphere to witness.

After the race we were racing again, heading north to meet up with more family for an evening of drinks.

Today was a family bbq.

I can't wait until I am a full time participant in these activities. I am so glad to be headed home again this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. nice to read a post about a GOOD weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sounds like a great weekend, glad you're going back again this upcoming one too

    ReplyDelete