Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Final List

I appreciate everyone who contributed to the 29 Things Before 30 list. I am very excited to make this list a completed reality.

I love having measurable goals. So I thought it might be good to give you an idea of where the list came from and what my progress has been towards it.
  1. Take Dressage lessons - I grew up showing horses but this discipline has always intrigued me. You learn more about the horses movement and your ability to control the horse.
  2. Go to an Iowa Cubs game - I've been a Chicago Cubs game but never watched Iowa's farm team.
  3. Finish Success Principles - Every time I pick-up this book I love it. But it doesn't draw me back to it like a story book does. I want to finish it.
  4. Run 3 5ks - This is on the 2010 goals list and will keep me working out...always a positive!
  5. Get a 3rd tattoo - been debating this one for a while. If i put it on the list I will just have to get it done.
  6. Read 25 books - again a goal for 2010. Reading keeps the mind active.
  7. Eat Jello Poke Cake - according to my friends this is good and they can't believe I haven't had it. I am all for trying to expand my limited food palate.
  8. Take a vacation - I haven't been on a real vacation since November 2007 when I was still happily married. Perhaps I will follow in the footsteps of bayjb and take a solo trip.
  9. Move - I think anyone that reads this blog knows why this is on the list.
  10. Go to Harlings - according to a friends boyfriend this is a bar I would love in a city I have lived in for 17 years, yet have never tried.
  11. Make out with a boy - hello! I am single. Isn't this what I am supposed to do? Also, please note; it doesn't have to be a new boy...it could be B.
  12. Go to the lake - it was at the lake last year that I finally realized I was okay. That I was going to be okay and that I was happy. So I want to go back knowing this and enjoy it all over again. I have already made plans to be there for Memorial Day & 4th of July.
  13. Get involved with an organization once I move - I'm involved now and want to make sure that I keep these activities up when I relocate.
  14. Take hunters safety -  because I want to go deer hunting.
  15. Take a motorcycle safety course - I am never content being a passenger. If I am going to ride a Harley I want to learn how to operate one on my own.
  16. Go water skiing - I haven't water skied in 5 years. The last time was on my honeymoon in the ocean. Now I want to do it on my terms at the lake.
  17. Enter a cook off contest - just because. I make some pretty kick a$$ food. I want to see if I can win.
  18. Try a new vegetable. I am a notoriously picky eater. Like bad. I love steak and potatoes. I like my food a certain way and preferably a certain brand. But this weekend I tried 2 new veggies; Brussels Sprouts and cabbage. And they weren't too bad.
  19. Take a cooking class - Even if I think I can be a pretty kick a$$ cook I can always improve.
  20. Join a bowling league - its fun. Its bowling. Its beer. What can be better?
  21. Find new employment - finding new employment gets me home.
  22. Ride my bicycle more often - when I was young this one of my most favorite things to do and I want to get back to as an adult. Its low impact cardio and perfect for the days I don't run.
  23. Ride a Harley - I think its the adrenaline rush that I am after. I just want to do this and I can't even explain why.
  24. Start my side business - because its a viable idea.
  25. Sew a dress - I can sew. I buy things that I could make for twice the cost. This is dumb.
  26. Take my family out to supper - because they have done so much for me. The least I can do is grab the tab.
  27. Make a snow angel - it just seems like the perfect thing to do when you want to embrace what is left of your youth.
  28. Be a guest blogger for someone - I love when the blogs I read have guest bloggers, that is often how I find new ones to read. I would love to be that person for someone else. You can check out my guest blog here.
  29. Make peace with turning 30 - whether I like it or not...it's going to happen.

3 comments:

  1. You can guest blog for me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a THIRD tattoo? do we know what and where the current two are? your readership is dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these lists. I have a 'bucket list' but that means the goals aren't quite as pressing yet...!

    ReplyDelete