Thursday, May 6, 2010

29 Things To Do Before 30

Updating based on reader feedback and other ideas that come to mind...see italics below.

My sister challenged me to complete 29 (my current age) things before I turn 30 (ugh). They don't have to be big and they need to be able to reasonably happen in the next 9 months. They just have to be things I want to do. So here is my list:

  1. Take Dressage lessons
  2. Go to an Iowa Cubs game
  3. Finish Success Principles
  4. Run 3 5ks
  5. Get a 3rd tattoo
  6. Read 25 books
  7. Eat Jello Poke Cake
  8. Take a vacation
  9. Move
  10. Go to Harlings
  11. Make out with a boy
  12. Go to the lake
  13. Get involved with an organization once I move
  14. Take hunters safety
  15. Take a motorcycle safety course
  16. Go water skiing
  17. Enter a cook off contest
  18. Try a new vegetable
  19. Take a cooking class
  20. Join a bowling league
  21. Find new employment
  22. Ride my bicycle more often
  23. Ride a Harley
  24. Start my side business
  25. Sew a dress
  26. Take my family out to supper
  27. Make a snow angel
  28. Be a guest blogger for someone
  29. Make peace with turning 30
But I am stuck. I need 18 14 13 12 0 more items.

What would you like to do before your next birthday? What do you think I should do before 30 comes along?

5 comments:

  1. Here are some thoughts:

    1. go to the lake
    2. go tubing
    3. volunteer activity ? charity ?
    4. learn to make or design something ?
    5. financial goal ?
    6. purchase designer handbag ?
    7. designer shoes ?
    8. organize some aspect of your life or world
    9. get rid of clothes you haven't worn in a year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 11 is interesting. I shared food with you today. I'm not saying the two are related. Nope, just two completely separate items I felt like pointing out. ;-)

    Have fun back home this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...
    See a therapist or go to a group for young divorcees?
    Start a project (like refinishing a piece of furniture from craigslist) and finish it.
    You could make the 3 5ks separate items.
    Cooking classes - learn to make something.
    Run a half marathon (you have time to train)
    Write thank you notes
    ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making my list now too...thanks to you...er, your sister. but I am stopping at 32...bc I am really 33 going on 34 but in my mind I am only 32. so 32 it is. I will need help.

    ReplyDelete