Monday, May 17, 2010

Consistency

My running routine is anything but consistent. Like at this point I would be delusional to call myself a runner.

I talked to my sister today about my need to get up in the mornings for runs because my evenings are so packed. She suggested that I run when I get home from my evening activities and see if that is enough to get myself up and at it on subsequent mornings.

Shoot. I think the threat of that is enough to get me up and going!

I ran tonight when I got home from work. This is my only free evening this week.

My run, as expected, sucked.

That is what happens when you don't do something consistently.

I ran a full mile again but added 4 seconds.

12:10 first mile. 26 minutes at 2 miles.

But tomorrow, I will get up and run at least 1 mile before work.

Tomorrow will be the beginning of a new habit.

My early morning running habit.

1 comment:

  1. Keep me posted how it goes! I could not be an early morning runner but it's a great way to ease back into it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete