Sunday, May 23, 2010

Interesting

I've mentioned a few times that I have come to enjoy my single status. Its actually been an interesting thing to embrace in my late twenties. But that isn't to say that I don't make the occasional crack at my own expense.

Like a few weeks ago when I donned fleece lined yellow leather men's mittens that were a good 5 sizes too big - "its a wonder why I am single."

Or this weekend when a male friend rescued me from being hit on by a total d-bag - "with options like those I can't believe I haven't remarried."

Then he made the comment I have heard twice in the last week from platonic male friends - "for the life of me I can't figure out why you are."

He and my sister started discussing things I like, my nature, the parts I had picked up for my brother in law for the pickup he's restoring. Then he made a crack - "you're basically a guy in a chick's body."

And it made me think...is my beer drinking, poker playing, go with the flow mentality, who appreciates an afternoon spent watching NASCAR, understands how to bet on sports, quasi adrenaline junkie, who loves a dive bar and steak more than the idea of a romantic man...are all those things a bit intimidating?

My friend joked about the first time he met me. He told me a story of my brother in law jokingly using his truck to pin him, to which my response was - "and?" He said he knew then we would be friends but said I was just a bit intimidating.

But I won't change me. I want a guy that isn't afraid of me. One that sees the tough exterior and finds a way in anyway.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!
    Have fun tonight! Let me know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Don't change for anyone.. It probably is intimidating, I have been told that before as well. But you are right to stick to being yourself. The right guy will cherish that.

    Best,

    Hannah Katy

    ReplyDelete