Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Therapist Told Me To

I never thought I would have a therapist. I never thought I would write a post on this blog because he told me to.


But I do.


And he did.

He told me I needed to write about the man that I deserve to have in my life someday.


As I write this I am stamping my foot with my hands on my hips and pouty lips.

The man I deserve...


Is faithful, doesn't run away from a challenge and accepts me for who I am. He doesn't hide that he wishes for me to give up a life long passion. He finds my knowledge of celebrity gossip endearing and not irrelevant, my ability to recall the most minute details of the most inane events charming. He believes in me. He won't be afraid of my intelligence and will never compromise my beliefs. He won't let me down and would never walk away. He is a man that can hold a conversation with a farmer, a businessman, a little old lady at the grocery store or the neighbor next door without judgement. He is a man who is honest. Loving. A man that enjoys dinners together and knows that the unexpected, not the grand, small gestures are the most desired. A kiss on the check just because, a hug after a day at the office, laying on the couch all day while the rain falls outside. A man who never makes me doubt my own self worth and always does what he says. He doesn't lie and he doesn't cheat.



Because I am...

worth it.

2 comments:

  1. My father always told me that I should never look for a man to complete me, because I was already pretty complete on my own. He said find the one who enhances you, the one who laughs at your cheesy jokes and understands the inflection of your words, even if they're in writing.

    You deserve someone who will never make you feel the way you were meant to feel in the past. And you're complete on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your therapist is a damn smart cookie.

    "He is a man that can hold a conversation with a farmer, a businessman, a little old lady at the grocery store or the neighbor next door without judgement."

    I've never been able to put it into words like that, but YES. That is exactly it.

    ReplyDelete