Monday, June 15, 2009

Inspiration

Warren Buffet has been quoted as saying:

"Be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful."

A line from One Tree Hill:

"Regret makes you old and bitterness poisons the ones around you."

A few years ago I had the dream workout partner. We worked together, used the same gym and both wanted to workout in the morning. Then she got married, pregnant and to the shelf I went. Boo. Kidding.

Well, she really did get married, have a baby and stop working out with me but I am more than happy for her. She and her husband are amazing parents and their baby is beyond darling.

On Thursday's we always went to yoga after work (even after completing a morning workout). The yoga instructor would end each class with a tiny piece of chocolate and an inspirational quote. I would give her my chocolate and she would give me her quote. A perfect match.

Fast forward a year and a half and she is back at the gym and I am working out at home. She went to yoga on Thursday and on Friday sitting on my desk was her saying:

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." - Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Wayne Dyer is a favorite of mine and he often says that everything in your life HAS to happen because it did.

    ReplyDelete