Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 28: Workout Binder

When you eat like this:


You have to workout. I do not have healthy eating habits. My favorite foods are rich, creamy and fried. So I workout a lot to try and combat the effect that food has on my waistline. I am quasi effective.

In order to keep from getting bored I keep a workout binder on hand to change things up a bit. I read a lot of fitness and health magazines and when I see a workout I think would be fun/challenging/effective/hard/beneficial I rip it out. I had a fabulous binder about 2 years ago but lost it and have been slowly working on rebuilding. It has become my new Monday ritual.

So what do you need to get started?

A selection of magazines. While I use Shape, Women's Health and Health the most I pull workouts from anywhere. I have been known to use star workouts from US Weekly and routines/tips found in Glamour, InStyle and Real Simple.


Some friends to keep you company. 



Start tearing out the workouts you find interesting. 



Place the workouts in sheet protectors. 


And place in your pretty binder. 




















I keep the various workouts organized inside the binder by utilizing tabs that keep them divided by body part. The tabs I use include:

  • Abs
  • Butt
  • Arms
  • Legs
  • Full Body
  • Bikini Body
  • Running/Tri Plans
  • Yoga
The binder goes with me to the gym and when I travel. Many of the workouts are designed to workout at home or with little to no equipment which makes them ideal for on the road.

Reader Notes:

Yes, the significance of the Surf Ballroom is that it is the place "Where Music Died." Great job. Gary Allan was my third concert at this historic location. If you like music history at all I recommend Killing Yourself to Live by Chuck Klosterman. Great book.

Bud Light is a fabulous beer.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I LOVE this idea. Will you make me one and mail it to me? ;-) okay, I am only half kidding ;-) Did you ever check out Cathe btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO great! I have a stack of Shape magazines that I have been wondering how to use more effectively and this is perfect. I may incorporate a recipe section as well. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete