Thursday, March 10, 2011

Book Reviews

Continuing my work towards 30 books in my 30th year...

Shopaholic and Baby (Shopaholic Series #5)Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm not sure if it's the fact that I am older and hopefully somewhat wiser but in reading this book I was annoyed by the books heroine. Grow up. You are having a child. You must show some maturity at some point. However, I will finish out the series because once I start something I must finish it.



View all my reviews



Water for ElephantsWater for Elephants by Sara Gruen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I absolutely loved this book. Love may be an understatement. It has a bit of a Notebook vibe to it but the story is as much about his love for her as his passion in animals. I was first interested because of the trailer for the upcoming film starring Reece Witherspoon. I do hope the film does the book justice.



View all my reviews

I would love suggestions on books you have read and enjoyed. Please share!

3 comments:

  1. I liked the Shopaholic series (didn't read this one tho) but got SUPER frustrated with her inability to NOT spend! It was so stressful for me, oddly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopaholic and Baby was probably my least favorite. I did love the one that came after that though where the baby is a toddler. I thought it was cute and made me laugh out loud. Water for Elephants was really good. I'm currently reading a Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff. It's really good. Kind of chick lit, but with a slightly darker undertone. I'm not done yet, but I still recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved loved loved Water for Elephants so much. Right now, I'm reading Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. I'm only 89 pages in but so far it's really good.

    ReplyDelete