...I have no idea if you want to know this or not but I feel like writing it...
My morning routine is fairly simple. Its the standard wake up, brush my teeth, let the dogs out, start the coffee, feed the dogs and cat and walk into my home office and ensure I am still attached to the VPN.
Once I'm online and take that first sip of coffee its on. I settle into work; calling, prospecting, setting up conference calls, having conference calls, making travel plans. All day. I only stop when I break for the afternoon workout and to make lunch.
And maybe occasionally check FB or update this blog.
The only variation to this is when I work out in the mornings. Morning workouts are my favorite thing in the world.
If I don't have anyone to meet at the gym, and I haven't lately, there is no way I am going there in the morning.
However, if I were to go in the morning you can insert gym between brushing my teeth and letting the dogs out. Otherwise you can catch me at the gym around noon so that I can use All My Children as a distraction to the fact that I have no workout buddy.
My workout routine is fairly standard.
- Monday - 30 min run & abs
- Tuesday - double day! First its a brief cardio warm-up followed by 40 minutes of lifting using machines and free weights. At night I go to an hour long Power Yoga class
- Wednesday - 45 - 60 min run & abs
- Thursday - repeat Tuesday's double
- Friday - repeat Wednesday
Pretending there wasn't a giant snow storm ravaging my state this week my evenings would have looked like this:
- Monday - Junior League General Membership Meeting - canceled because of snow
- Tuesday - Gourmet Cooking Party - canceled because of snow but that meant I made it to yoga!
- Wednesday - bowling league. Don't knock it until you get to sit around and have drinks and dinner with your girlfriends every week.
- Thursday - yoga
- Friday - make the drive south for the bff's 30th birthday but generally this would be drinks at the local bar after my dressage lesson.
- Saturday - House projects & drinks
- Sunday - basketball league
I love having this much planned.
I love being on the go.
I love there being something to do most evenings.
So if anyone tells you there is nothing to do in a small town? Send them to my blog. I'm always busy and I live in a town of 2000.
I chose to move here from a quasi major market with an NFL team and a MLB team.
I am more active here. Because in my compact little area I can do all these things; the workout, the social time, the cooking class...
It is all in what you make of it.