Friday, January 1, 2010

Decade in Review

In 2000 life was full of open ended possibility. I was ready to take on anything.

As 2010 I know that life doesn't always go as planned.

There have been many ups and downs but that is the sign of a life lived, so here is my decade in review.

  • 2000 - finished up my first year of college and unlike many of my friends didn't move home over summer. Continued dating J, now in year 3 and traveled to Minneapolis for a big anniversary trip. Started second year of college and had lots of fun along the way.
  • 2001 - end of second year and start of final year in college. Yes, graduating in 3 years is probably the dumbest thing I ever did. Became an officer in sorority and stayed involved on campus. Worked 4 jobs.
  • 2002 - graduated from college, broke up with J, started at UPS, got Barley
  • 2003 - promoted at UPS, met MX, started grad school, moved in with MX
  • 2004 - went to Vegas for first time (now I have been there 20+ times), purchased 1st house with MX, got engaged, left UPS for current employer
  • 2005 - finished my MBA, married MX, honeymooned in Jamaica, got Bella
  • 2006 - G&M married, lost an amazing member of our crazy version of family, sold first home and bought second, 1st anniversary celebrated in Chicago
  • 2007 - Krissi passed away (my cat of 19 years), promoted at work, got Duay the traveling cat, went to Mexico
  • 2008 - went to Ozarks, Tampa, Nashville & Vegas with MX, G&M had A
  • 2009 - found out MX was having an affair, divorced, StartedOver@28, got to know B better and even if we can't seem to find a smooth track am so happy to have him in my life.

I don't know what 2010 holds but I am hoping its an easier year than 2009. I am happy to close the chapter on the decade and start fresh.

Wishing you health & wealth in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. "I am happy to close the chapter on the decade and start fresh."

    A lot of people are. I believe it's gonna be a good year... I don't know why, but I feel it in my bones. ;-)

    ReplyDelete