Friday, January 29, 2010

Another Friday

A couple weeks ago I told you about the highlight of my Friday.

This week the highlight...

Buying a 40lb bag of dog food. Am I an exciting single chic or what?

So then I started thinking. Dangerous, right?

When I go to Petsmart why do I feel compelled to donate to their homeless pets fund?

Every. Single. Time.

I asked my sister about this and we came to the conclusion that its because 1. we love animals and 2. they are defenseless.

I don't give money to homeless people because they have a choice.

They can work.

I am totally jaded by those Dateline specials that expose people; educated, mentally stable people, who choose to not work but rather beg and not pay taxes. Because of them it keeps me from giving individuals money on the street.

I am much more inclined to provide food, warm clothing or blankets through various charitable organizations like Harvesters.

But animals? There is no one to help them unless we do.

I guess that is my soap box for the day. Do you give money to homeless people on the street? Or try and support them, like me, through specific charities?

No comments:

Post a Comment