Sunday, December 12, 2010

Body Integration

Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

I have actively concentrated on my body more this year than ever before. When I moved back I joined a gym and found a workout partner and for the first time in a long time I became a person who worked out regularly.

I didn't make excuses to not go. I didn't let work travel get in the way.

I set a weight loss goal*.

I made my goal.

I've cut my running time down and increased the distance I run.

I've increased the weight that I lift.

I'm addicted to the gym.

I'm comfortable in my body and last week when I ran 6.2 miles in 61 minutes and 3 seconds I felt like a rock star.

*Disclaimer: I have never been fat but I had weight to lose and muscle to tone.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! That's awesome!! 6.2 miles in 62 mins? That's awesome. I am a slow runner, so that is something I am totally in awe of :)

    ReplyDelete