Saturday, December 11, 2010

11 Things

11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

  1. Stress. Heart issues/disease is prevalent in my family so eliminating stress can do nothing but help stave off the impending doom that is high blood pressure.
  2. Inhibitions. I am the queen of over analyzing a situation. Sometimes I need to stop over thinking and just do. Don't think twice. Just go.
  3. Laziness/Procrastination. I've had this idea for a small business; something I could do consultative on the side and yet I haven't done it. I haven't sewed in a long time and I don't cook meals as often as I'd like. Why? Because sometimes I just don't want to do anything else but lay on the couch. I need to dedicate at least 8 hours a week to this types of activities.
  4. Clothes that I don't wear. I am not a hoarder. In fact I barely have things to store but yet I still have clothes that I don't wear that I refuse to part with. Why?
  5. Books I won't read again. There are books I will read again. There are books I will reference but then I have shelves and shelves of books I won't ever tough again. Why keep them? Shouldn't I share them with others who can enjoy?
  6. Little Debt. I am a huge fan of a debt free existence but I have a small student loan and a 0% item that I would like to rid myself of by years end. They do not negatively impact me or my life but still, it would be nice to not have them. Especially as I look to make major purchases in the future like a horse or a truck and trailer.
  7. Fear of others judgement. I am always worried about what people think of me. If they judge me, the life I live or my actions. I shouldn't care. I should only be concerned whether or not I am making myself happy.
  8. Doing things I think I should but don't enjoy. I lead a busy life so I need to ensure I am only spending time on things/activities that bring me personal fulfillment.
  9. Being single? Um, really stretching here. But maybe in 2011 I should give up my stance on staying single and be more open to new relationships.
  10. Wasted time on the internet. I spend a ridiculous amount of time on the internet. I read a lot of books but the majority are due to work travel and time spent on or in an airplane. I need to concentrating on reading more at home and not just blogs or celebrity gossip.
  11. Toxic relationships. Any relationship that does routinely bring joy should be eradicated. Why stay in close contact with anyone whom brings feelings other than joy?
By far the toughest #reverb10 post yet. One that caused me to google things like "things to eliminate." I have a pretty great life so past #3 I was really stretching. There just aren't that many things in my life I want to get rid of and to me that says I am in a good place.

I am right where I should be...

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I need to put several of these on my list too. Especially toxic relationships and clothes I don't wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah to all of this, but especially #7 and #8. As for #9, I really think you should open yourself up to the possibilities. You deserve to love and be loved once again.

    ReplyDelete