Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Appreciate

Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

Not to be totally self serving and all about me, but lets be frank, this is a blog that is - all about me.

So I have come to appreciate my strength. Again.

You see, before my divorce everyone told me how strong I was.

But then I fell apart.

It took time but I built myself back up. I had help. I had support.

But I feel it. My strength is back and when something tests me I remember that I am strong.

Life can throw anything at me but I know I can get through it and someday I will I have everything I deserve.

3 comments:

  1. Right on! Strength is an important thing to appreciate and not take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!!!! My whole life people told me that I seemed so strong, and then over the years both the eating disorder and my failed relationship tore me down. I felt nothing but weak and broken, but lately I have been feeling the strength creeping back in slowly and I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to be right where you are! Congrats on how much you have grown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I love this. sounds so much like my mindset on this very topic - strength, resilience, faith. Go you.

    ReplyDelete