Sunday, October 17, 2010

Portrait of a Weekend

The theme for the weekend was celebration.

Celebrate the end of the housing debacle with MX.

Celebrate the fact that for the first time in 6 years I don't have a mortgage payment.

Celebrate that for the first time in 4 months I am not paying mortgage and rent.

I'm not paying mortgage on a home I don't live in, in a state I do not reside with a man I am no longer married to.

Celebrate. With family & friends.

Friday started out low key. I had dinner with my mom and was curled up in bed, with both dogs and cat, by 10 p.m.

Saturday I awoke, wrote MX the check that ends this debacle & included the garage door opener. The last step in cutting the ties that bind.

I resisted the urge to send along a "Congratulations on your engagement" card.

I then drove an hour north to the lake to see my sisters cabin. Its darling and perfect and I hope to have the opportunity to sublet often next summer. We then went to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and saw Life As We Know It. Adorably predictable. A good Sunday napping movie for those that haven't seen it. But a perfect afternoon spent with the person who has supported me throughout the entire debacle.

I made the drive back home and messaged my oldest friend. I was able to see her adorable new puppy Mia, a great dane, and watch Iowa kick the tail out of Michigan.

We joked, me, my friend and her fiance about being lame. In bed by 10. Tired and worn out the evening before.

When I left their house that is where I headed once again.

Progress was made on my DVR and at 9:30 I was headed for bed. Until I got a message that said - if you haven't fallen asleep yet come join us. We are trying to make it to 10.

So off I went. We made it to 3 bar in 4 hours and for the record...you should not be able to peruse old yearbooks at the bar. Its just not right.

But we made it past 10.

Sunday I watched M & C run the DSM half. They did an amazing job. I was so proud of them.

The rest of the day was spent napping, cleaning, doing laundry and packing for my upcoming business trip and vacation.

A perfect weekend of celebrations with family and friends.

This is going to be a busy week. Which is good. I need to get my mind off missing someone I shouldn't.

Readers Note: the way the mirror debacle ended was that he didn't return it. So I deducted $500 off the payment I made him for taking the house. Not a perfect ending but an ending nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the update on the mirror!

    Go Blue!!

    -John (U-Mich '90)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOO proud of you for sticking it to him with that mirror.

    ReplyDelete