Sunday, October 31, 2010

Book Review: This Is Where I Leave You

This Is Where I Leave YouThis Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


There are not enough fabulous things to say about this book or the author who, coincidentally and unbeknownst to me when I'm Gonna Break Your Heart recommended it, wrote one of my favorite books - The Book of Joe.

The story is elegant in how it's told and yet so real. I know this family, I relate to them. I can see myself. It makes me set aside my own issues and remember that you need to see through the facade others project to ever get to know someone.

Everyone has issues. But our issues make us who we are.

This is by far the best book I have read in a long time.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This is the best book I've read all year and I am so glad you enjoyed it. He just nails the family dialogue too! I laughed. I cried. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete