Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Shouldn't Be Surprised

I made the trip south today.

While en route I had many little nightmares. Opening the garage door and finding both their cars. Entering the house and finding pictures of them.

But that didn't happen.

What I found was that most of my things were piled in the kitchen ready for me to pick them up.

What I also found was that a mirror from Z Gallerie, a mirror that was the source of much debate as we finalized who received what, was gone. Missing.

Not in the house.

Not in any of the four bedrooms, not in the basement, storage, garage, livings rooms...GONE.

So I called MX.

Twice.

I text.

Finally he called back.

"But I thought it was mine!"

Um, no. Please refer to the asset agreement, item number 14 under items the wife receives.

"Oh. Well, anyway about the refi."

Um. No.

I explained that I wanted the mirror. Today. Before I left town.

That is when MX told probably the most pathetic lie yet. "I gave it away to a friend. Its in their office."

Anyone who knows MX knows that he is cheap. He would never give anything away. Especially when he fought me during the divorce for the mirror.

He offered money. I refused. I want the mirror.

He text back. Can't get it. Sorry. Don't know what to say.

Finally I text him back and said I would withhold $500 from the money I am paying him to take the house unless the mirror is returned to me intact and in perfect condition.

If he doesn't like that I am more than happy to call the cops and report it stolen.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, don't back down. Call the police if you have to. It's not about the money, it's about the prinicple of it. What a prick... :(

    ReplyDelete