Thursday, April 15, 2010

Permission

Today the boy that my friends want to set me up with , who FB friended me last week, asked for my number and if he could call me and ask me on a date.

So being good friends they asked if I were fine with that.

And I said yes. And then I wanted to throw up. Why do I have this sudden urge to throw up all the time?

Why do I have so many questions?

How long will he wait to call?
What does that tell me about him?
I have plans to go home 6 out of the next 8 weekends, is he going to think I am blowing him off?
Is it dumb to go on a date with someone in a city I don't plan to stay in?
When he asks me out, do I let him pick me up? Or do I meet him there?
What if its horrible?
What if its great?
What do I wear?
Do I tell B about the date? We are just friends, so wouldn't I tell a friend? Or would I only be telling him and hoping for a reaction?

I think I like being single. Its less complicated. Or at least I like it when the date comes together naturally. This just seems so awkward.

But I know its good to get back on the horse. To get out there, outside my comfort zone and start something new.

1 comment:

  1. All you need to know is that there are no rules. You decide how long is too long to wait for him to call. You decide if you want him to pick you up or if you'd rather meet him somewhere. All of that stuff, you decide. The great thing about being single and being ok with being single is that you do things your way or you can't be bothered to do them at all. You're in a really good place for dating because of that.

    ReplyDelete