Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I May Very Well Be Crazy

Agreeing to run a 5k on May 1 is making me feel a little crazy.

First of all I am the slowest somewhat thin girl on the planet. Promise. Like each time I run there are old people, and I mean like 80+, that finish ahead of me. Obese people (yea for them for getting out there!), cancer survivors (I run the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure each year), women with strollers and even small children.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of me.

So I am training again on my own made up plan. On Monday it took me 43:25 to do 3.1.

See! I told you I was slow.

Tonight I was off to a great start.

I finished the first mile in 12:41. I was pumped.

And then, and then...I started coughing, choking, coughing and finally...I threw up. I threw up the gosh darn mucus that resides in my throat because of the joys of spring.

So what did I do? I cowboy'd up.

And away I went.

Puking and all I finished at 41:28 which is 13:32/mile. Had I of not puked I really think I would have been well under 40 minutes.

The May 1 goal is 35 minutes total.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. i'm a bit of a runner myself and i saw someone holding a sign at a race once that said "No Namby-Pamby Bullshit!". sounds like your new running mantra!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I have been training w/ a sem-healed twisted ankle and a self-diagnosed broken toe. so I will be at the finish walking w/ the mommies and strollers. promise, I am going to totally suck.

    ReplyDelete