Saturday, November 27, 2010

Letting Go

Today at our 3rd Thanksgiving celebration with a family that isn't biologically mine but is all the same I was asked repeatedly if I were dating anyone. Upon answering in the negative I was told about a sign.

Any woman searching for a husband has never had one.

I couldn't agree more.

But the biggest gift I am giving myself is the gift of freedom and tied to that...honesty.

I am only ever partially honest.

Because I can't admit the truth.

But sometimes letting go of the one you love will actually set you free. And that is what I did today.

It takes 14 days to make a habit and this time we both need to abide by it. No slips. It doesn't matter how much we both care. It needs to end.

Otherwise, we will never find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment