Thursday, August 25, 2011

Read A Book? What?

I set a goal to read 30 books this year. I think I picked 30 as the number since I am 30.

But with 24 down now I am striving for 50 because with winter just around the corner I will just want to curl up on my sofa and read. 

So what have I been reading since I last shared?



The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly
The Brass Verdict (Mickey Haller, #2)My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love legal books. Love Mickey Haller.








View all my reviews
The Reversal (Mickey Haller, #3)The Reversal by Michael Connelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Good yet predictable.







View all my reviews The Fifth Witness (Mickey Haller, #4)
The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Good book that kept me intrigued but at the end felt very formulaic. I'm excited to see something new and different for Mickey Haller in his next book.





View all my reviews A Place of YesA Place of Yes by Bethenny Frankel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought this book gives sound, frank advice about love and life. Amazing insights into her life as well.






View all my reviews All She Ever WantedAll She Ever Wanted by Barbara Freethy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very good book. Quick read. Perfect for the pool or beach.






View all my reviews The ChoiceThe Choice by Nicholas Sparks


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Good book, beautiful love story but I'm afraid it could provide false hope to others in a similar situation.



View all my reviews Everything Changes

Everything Changes by Jonathan Tropper
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another fabulous book by my favorite author. He can do no wrong in my opinion.






View all my reviews A Bump in the Road: From Happy Hour to Baby ShowerA Bump in the Road: From Happy Hour to Baby Shower by Maureen Lipinski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Decidely honest book about life changes. I love the honesty in the authors voice ans was happy to see that it wasn't all roses.





View all my reviews If You Were Here: A NovelIf You Were Here: A Novel by Jen Lancaster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Easy read in her total Jen Lancaster voice. I enjoy her witty snark.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I just took "Everything Changes" out of the library today. I've never read any Tropper before, but when I was there today I remembered that you liked it, so it's funny that you listed this book! I'll let you know what I think of it when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete