Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Today

Today I miss having a someone.

Someone whose face lights up when I walk in the door.


Someone who makes my face light up when I see them as I come through the door.

Someone who gives me a hug when I walk in the door.

Someone who kisses me goodnight.

Someone who squeezes my hand just because.

Someone to curl up beside me as I fall asleep at night.

Its been 16 months since my marriage fell apart and I wouldn't trade the life I have now for the facade I had then. But on days like today, I miss the inherent comfort of knowing I had someone to go home to. But this too shall pass and I am sure I will be back to my normal happily single self once again.

2 comments:

  1. For reasons that defy logic and good taste, I recently found myself watching an episode of Desperate Housewives on Hulu. It was in towards the end of one episode when one of the women leads (I am pretending not to know her name) had just gone to bed. Her partner came into the frame and placed his arm around her waist. Her hand found his and brought it to her chest. Maybe it was the really good camera angles, or creative lighting, or the fact that insomnia had left me rather sleep deprived, but seeing that image left me all kind of melancholy to have that too.

    All of that is to say, yeah, I know where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. It's been almost 2 years (whoa. tomorrow will be exactly 2 years) since my relationship ended because my ex got someone else pregnant. Most of the time I'm happy. But lately I've been feeling more lonely than just alone. When I feel that way I have to remind myself I'm better off now that I'm not being lied to.

    ReplyDelete