Friday, February 4, 2011

The Fake Boyfriend

Me, my sister and some friends often joke about the fake boyfriend. He is the one that my brother in law wishes would show up when I have furniture that needs built or when I move (but we aren't doing that again for a very long time, if ever).

He's fake because he has yet to materialize in my life.

But we have really high expectations for him.

Ideally FB will drive a truck, have a camper, be handy and like to hunt. He will be caring, thoughtful, faithful and love the outdoors. Having a boat would be an added bonus.

Dear FB -

Its almost Spring and soon it will be Summer. Now would be a great time to show up. Please & thanks!

Sincerely,

StartedOver@28

PS - this could very well have something to do with the birthday that is fast approaching. The one where I really don't want to wake up alone.

PPS - this too shall pass.

5 comments:

  1. Alone is relative my friend. There may not be anyone in bed next to you (I had that for my 27th), but by no means does that make you alone. All your friends and family won't be able to wait to wish you a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both sister are imagining this future boyfriend. And about right now I am adding "ability to make car repairs" to the list. I hope that this guys shows up for you when you are ready for it (and ideally in an organic way so that you don't have to aggravate yourself over the online dating thing like some of us). :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote something relatively similar last spring...I always wanted someone during the summer months, but then, being single all last summer, I absolutely loved it. I think there is goodness to either scenario (single or in a relationship) in the summer...and hell, it's summer, so it's all good either way, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate! And I love the term Fake Boyfriend. Mine needs to come over this weekend to fix a drawer, take my kitchen table out to the dumpster, and put a piece of equipement together for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love the idea of my Fake Boyfriend ... he usually turns out to be a better guy than any of my Real Boyfriends. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete