Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So Much Has Changed

As I slowly dip a toe into the dating waters so to speak I have learned that in six years a lot of things have changed.

Like text messaging. Six years ago we didn't text message. The only form of communication I really had to worry about was whether or not MS2BX called or maybe, just maybe sent an email. Now you flirt via text? How does that work? Don't you need facial expressions, voice inflection and hand gestures?

But now phone calls are our parents letters which have been replaced by emails and texts. Of course...then there is Facebook.

Facebook is like its own little world. There you have IM's, emails, wall posts...A LIKE BUTTON! Constant status updates...you find out that people actual read your page. Want to see what you are doing. Look at your pics...

I don't know that I am cut out for this world! Its mobile sensory overload.

I don't know how to do this dating thing. I even remember in my formerly happy married world being happy I had found my person so I didn't have to deal with these things.

So tell me, how does one deal with this stuff as they re-enter the dating world (never having been good at it to begin with)?

3 comments:

  1. Flirting is like riding a bicycle. You never forget how. The rules may have changed a little bit, but it's still the same game. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby steps! or you do what my fiance did and just flat out say that you dont like some of those things like IM'ing or facebook. dont forget you are pretty close to being savy as it is, you do have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the texting thing. In general, texting is bad joojoo for any relationship in it's infancy - also, he's a coward if he won't call.

    ReplyDelete